Hi all,
I've finally received a heritage certificate and it has raised some questions on ownership. I bought my E in November last year and according to the V5, I'm the second owner and the first owner acquired the car on 30/10/1969, the date of first registration.
The heritage certificate informs me that the car was manufactured on 30/6/1969 and dispatched on 15/7/1969. The original distributor was S H Newsome, Coventry and the original dealer was Parkgate Garage, Coventry. It also states that the first owner was A C Barlett. This is not the same name as the first owner on the V5.
So where was my car between 15 July 1969 and 30 Oct 1969 and who is A C Barlett?
Any ideas and where I could find out more?
Thanks,
Nick
Heritage cert and ownership gap.....any advice or ideas?
#1 Heritage cert and ownership gap.....any advice or ideas?
Nick
1969 S2 2+2
1969 S2 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Hi Nick
Thanks for finding my lost car for me.
A C Barlett.
ps maybe it was the dealers own car for a while?
Thanks for finding my lost car for me.
A C Barlett.
ps maybe it was the dealers own car for a while?
64 S1 4.2 OTS 1E10012 73 S3 2+2 manual 2013 V6 F type OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Nick,
I had similar problems tracing the early ownership of mine. Vehicle registrations were only centralised with the formation of the DVLA in the mid 70s. I believe their records were subject to what log book information was sent to them by the regional vehicle registration offices.
It may be worth contacting the council records office for your car's original registration office to see if they still hold the early keeper details. The office is given by the last two of the three letters of the registration:
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/registra ... etters.htm
Chris
I had similar problems tracing the early ownership of mine. Vehicle registrations were only centralised with the formation of the DVLA in the mid 70s. I believe their records were subject to what log book information was sent to them by the regional vehicle registration offices.
It may be worth contacting the council records office for your car's original registration office to see if they still hold the early keeper details. The office is given by the last two of the three letters of the registration:
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/registra ... etters.htm
Chris
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Hi Nick...as said above could be the garage owner.....have a look here...Parkgate garage coventry....a disolved company.....you could probably search for company details, directors etc https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0205 ... ED/summary
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5
All information recorded by the DVLA is available for a fee. This includes a photocopy of the original buff/green logbook and copies of all changes since computerisation (which was around 1974-5 ish).
I've managed to trace several previous owners from this information. I also know that at least one PO is dead, and two were secondhand car dealers.
I've managed to trace several previous owners from this information. I also know that at least one PO is dead, and two were secondhand car dealers.
Chris '67 S1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6
Thanks everyone. Very useful leads to follow.
This forum is great for helping each other out and sharing.
Nick :D
This forum is great for helping each other out and sharing.
Nick :D
Nick
1969 S2 2+2
1969 S2 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |




