There are not many leads on the RHD side of my wiring loom.
2 of them are a bit thicker, cloth outsides, and end at the fuel pump.
One of them becomes 12V when I switch the ignition on. Fine, I thought, thats the fuel pump source.
Sadly, the old pump does not make a single noise on these two wires.
It does a nice wrrrrr and pumps on the battery (I overhauled the pump).
So, the 12 V on the rear are some kind of "ghost voltage".
I then went in front of the passenger seat, to test their sources. However, there's ghost voltage as well: none of the cables there (with a correct earthing of the pump of course) is able to drive my pump.
What next ?
I'll upload a picture of the multi-connector situation in the passenger footwell, maybe someone can show me what to put where ?
At least, I made the washer to work today- I found one more open connection, it was green-black below the glovebox.
Carsten
Here's the pic:

The three on the left which I bent a bit away (2x twin connectors and the purple-white ones) have a 12 V supply when ign is switched on. What I managed to identify is what I have connected, the open wires are all "unknown". The halfway-stuck-in is the one which only gave me ghost voltage for the pump.




